- Indicators to help measure the economy of the country ? Answer
- Brief descriptions
- The Consumer Price Index
- The average work week for production and nonsupervisory employees on private nonfarm
- The change in total nonfarm payroll employment for May
- Industrial production
- According to the U.S. Census Bureau the advance estimates of U.S. retail and food services
- According to the U.S. Census Bureau and the Department of Housing and Urban, privately-owned housing
- The stock market
- Research Paper
- Economic conditions can be considered the economic characteristics that describe the state of an economy
- the index of leading economic indicators
- trade deficit
- gross domestic product
- The level of employment is the next crucial macroeconomic variable.
- The inflation rate
- Some of the variables often used by economists and policy makers to gauge future economic conditions are briefly described below
MGMT 630 Leadership Profile (Research Project)
You will identify a leader you admire and research her or his biography and recent successes. Your research should include an article in which the leader is interviewed, question/answer format.
You will also research the leader’s organization or company for its mission and recent accomplishments so that you can understand the context or setting for your leader’s success.
Then you will write a longer-form essay.
Select your leader.
Identify the leader’s company or organization and research its mission, goals and recent activities. Use company or organization websites. Review articles or media stories about the company. Make notes.
You are to use two (2) models of leadership, with one model being the Path-Goal Theory, for your essay analysis.
Gather your research, make notes.
Start with one of 5 sections that interests you. Write that section and place it into your assignment document. NOTE: Starting with a section that interests you will help you continue/do the writing needed. This section does NOT have to be the section listed 1st. After completing that section, complete the other 4 sections.
Below you have analysis sections highlighted to help you track.
- Summarize the leader’s early life and education.
Then write new paragraph (s) answering this question: What are two (2) events earlier in life, which may have set the stage for his or her leadership success, based on your research/analysis? Your interview article should be helpful to writing this section.
- Qualities of leadership that seem to appear more recently in your leader’s career path. Write a section that considers promotions, areas of new responsibility, evidence of trust by those around him or her, expressed comments from your leader about his or her attitude towards others, including respect. (1 or more paragraphs)
- Your leader’s current organization. Pay attention to its mission and if published on a website, identify the corporate values of the organization. Emphasize recent events in the organization that required leadership. (2 or more paragraphs)
In using new paragraph (s) use your judgment about the leader’s strengths to describe or explain the reasons the leader is a good fit for the organization at this time (1-2 paragraphs)
- Analysis Based on Path-Goal Theory (Northouse, 2013, chapter 7. Explain the primary factors which make up this theory. (1 paragraph)
Compare your leader’s approach to path-goal theory. What factors of his or her leadership seem to align or fit to this theory? What factors seem to be different than what’s emphasized in Path Goal? In your writing use examples from leader research. (1-2 paragraphs)
- Analysis of Leader Using another Leader Theory: Review the 2nd theory you researched (either Servant Leadership, Chapter 10; or Authentic Leadership, Chapter 11, or another model of leadership from Northouse) and explain the primary factors which make up this theory. (1 paragraph)
Compare your leader’s approach to the 2nd model of leadership from Northouse (selected by you). What factors of his or her leadership seem to align or fit to this model theory? What factors seem to be different than what’s emphasized in this model? (1-2 paragraphs)
Finishing: Complete and Edit Your Essay
- Write your conclusion.
- Write your introduction. Include a purpose or thesis statement. Insert the introduction into the beginning of the document.
- Edit using APA format information. There are modules in LEO Content to help you.